There will be a Welcome Induction Briefing in the Autumn Term for NQTs, Mentors and Head Teachers – understanding your roles and responsibilities.
NQT Teaching and Learning
- Engaging lessons, hook for learning;
- Behaviour management, de-escalation strategies;
- Effective questioning, collaborative learning differentiation;
- Assessment practices and data;
- Learning strategies, SEND, blooms taxonomy;
- Review and reflect, career planning, graduation;
“The course has given me many opportunities to share my own practice and to hear and learn from other teachers. It gives me time to reflect on my classroom practice and all the elements that work well and new ideas that I can incorporate.
The course is full of learning opportunities for myself to take back to my class room.”
School Based Mentor Training
- Coaching and mentoring strategies;
- Evidence strategies;
- Review and reflect;
“Good to network and share ideas and experiences.
I will use possible connections for my NQT to visit other schools.”