Be an Inspirational Teacher
The everyonelearning@LimeTree, Mossley Hollins, Hawthorns Teaching Partnership, together with the University of Cumbria is passionate about training teachers to become outstanding professionals who can inspire learners.
‘Working with great teachers in excellent schools helped me to understand what ‘real life’ teaching was going to be like, and it gave me the confidence to try out various teaching styles.’
School Direct Trainee 2016/17
2017/18 Primary Cohort
Get Into Teaching With Us and Shape a Generation
Participating trainees will be able to acquire significant real life experience of the profession through being placed in Early Years, Primary, Specialist or Secondary school settings throughout their training period.
This route allows trainees to build relationships with stakeholders and learn from outstanding practitioners who will be on hand to offer guidance and support throughout the course. Trainees will also receive specilaist Masters level input from dedicated University of Cumbria Staff.
Guaranteed Support to Secure Future Employment
In many cases, at the end of the training period, those undertaking the programme continue to work in the school or school group where they train.
- Make a real difference EVERYDAY
- Bring the best out in a child
- Fulfilling career
- Job satisfaction
- Opportunities for progression
The everyonelearning@ LimeTree, Mossley Hollins, Hawthorns Teaching Partnership School Direct course lasts one year and trainees train in at least two good or outstanding schools.
School Direct trainees will be a part of the team from the very start, receiving extensive support from experienced teachers and mentors.
School Direct trainees are eligible for training bursaries and can apply for the same financial support such as student loans. School Direct courses result in qualified teacher status (QTS), and award a postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE).
School Direct financial information. Programme fees
School Direct graduates have a very high rate of employment and trainee satisfaction.
What is important to us?
- Growing and developing future teachers
- Investing time and energy in supporting and challenging trainees
- Creating a long term career pathway-from initial trainees to highly effective, reflective practitioners and building potential for future school leaders and managers
- Developing a depth of understanding of teaching and learning
- Facilitating delivery of great learning experiences
- Offering high quality training and excellent Continuous Professional Development across the Teaching School Alliance
- Harnessing the quality existing within our schools in order to create aspirational and inspirational future teachers and leaders.
- University of Cumbria
- Programme requirements and applications
- Teach NorthWest
- Get Into Teaching
- Student complaints procedure